California Swing Dance Hall of Fame Nominating and Voting Process
Dancers are nominated and ultimately inducted in 4 Star Categories – A Star nominee must be living California residents for at least five years. Completed applications, including photo and video links, are submitted thru the website nominating page. Nominees/Inductees are recognized for their outstanding swing dance accomplishments; such as, teaching, promoting, performing, competing, and their impact on Swing Dancing in California. A Board member will collect and compile all nominee information.
- Nova Star 5 – 10 years
- Rising Star 11 – 20 years
- Shining Star 21 – 30 years
- Golden Star 30 + years
Other Nominating Categories:
- Couples: Couples with 10+ years as partners whose body of work and influence created a significant impact within the California Swing Dancing Community
- Special Achievement: Those whose contribution serve, support, promote, preserve, and progress the California Swing Dance Hall of Fame and Swing Dancing within California
- Stellar: A Star Swing Dancer who is now deceased
Anyone can nominate based on the criteria for the Star Category. See the nominate button. Nominations and Awards are every other year. Our next nominating/award year is 2018.
Nominations will be accepted beginning Feb 1, 2018 and conclude June 15, 2018.
June 15 to July 1st, our Board of Directors (11 members) and our Distinguished Electors (34 members) will vote on all nominations within each Category. The Board of Directors will determine the number of inductees within each Star category. The tabulation will be accomplished by elected Board of Directors using Relative Placement. This method will determine the Inductees in each category.
2018 Inductees will be honored at the Awards Gala and posted on our website following the Gala.
To nominate individuals or couples for the California Swing Dance Hall of Fame, please complete the appropriate form below: