California Swing Dance Hall of Fame Nominating and Voting Process
Swing Dancers are nominated and ultimately inducted within their respective categories – A nominee must be living California residents for at least five years. Completed nomination forms, including photo and video links, are submitted thru the website nominating page. Nominees/Inductees are recognized for their outstanding swing dance accomplishments; such as, teaching, promoting, performing, competing, and their impact on Swing Dancing in California. A Board member will collect and compile all nominee information. Scroll to the bottom to select a category or use the nominate button on the menu, and scroll down.
- Nova Star 5 – 10 years: A swing dancer who consistently demonstrates expertise in their lead/follow, style, footwork, etc. with potential for future growth.
- Rising Star 11 – 20 years An advanced swing dancer who has received accolades for their swing dance excellence, achievements in competition, and community influence.
- Shining Star 21 – 30 years An advanced swing dancer who has consistently remained relevant and influential in swing dancing through competition, teaching, judging, promoting, and leadership.
- Golden Star 31 + years A consistent long-time swing dancer who is respected and well regarded not only for their swing dance excellence but also their influence, leadership, promotion, and community contributions.
Other Nominating Categories:
- Couples 10+ years: Well known swing dance couples/partnerships whose swing dancing is recognized for their notable achievements, contributions, and influence.
- Special Achievement: Individuals who have substantially contributed, influenced, or promoted swing dance.
- Lifetime Achievement: An individual who is highly revered within the swing dance community, whose impact, influence, and body of work furthered the art of swing dancing in California. Subject to Board Approval.
- Stellar Star: A swing dancer who made a substantial impact to swing dancing who are now deceased. Subject to Board Approval.
To nominate a swing dancer in any category you must be an active member of the swing dance community. A nominee must meet the criteria for the category. All nominees will be vetted by the Board of Directors prior to being added to the voting Ballot. Scroll to the button and click on the nomination form. It is best to copy and paste your info from Word as you may lose it along the way when inputing directly to the website form. Nominee forms must be complete with nominee contact info, bio, headshot, and video. Nominations and Awards are every other year. Our next nominating/award year is 2024. Nominations will be accepted beginning in Spring, 2024, voting mid year, and conclude late Summer 2024. Gala Dinner and Awards, Fall of 2024.
Mid year, our Board of Directors and Distinguished Electors will begin voting for nominees using a ranking ballot. Once ballots are complete, the Board of Directors will determine the number of inductees within each category based on a relative placement result.
Inductees will be honored at the next scheduled Awards Gala and added to the website..A date and time for a 2024 awards Gala, TBD.